Warm up and fuel up better with this delicious, nutritious bowl of better nutrition. Better nutrient balance (the cauliflower rice allows you to enjoy different carbs like chickpeas and sweet potato) means better energy and better results (weight, digestive, healing). Speaking of healing, the spices here don’t just add flavor, they help promote a healthy inflammatory response.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 13-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or 2 teaspoons freshly grated)
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- About 1 ¼ teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Chopped cilantro, to serve
- Place cauliflower into a food processor/blender and pulse until it is similar in size to rice grains (this may have to be done in batches, depending on the size of your machine).
- In a large high-sided sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and add onion. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, water, tomato paste, curry powder and ginger, and simmer on low heat until mixture thickens and potatoes soften.
- Stir in chickpeas and cauliflower rice and cook for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Serve with lime and cilantro.
Courtesy of the Natural Gourmet Institute