Whether you have a sweetie or not, Valentine’s Day is a reminder that we must love – love others and love ourselves – by continually fueling our bodies with better quality foods. So rather than sticking with the same box of chocolates or candy conversation hearts this February 14, toss the mainstream aside and get ready to fall in love with these Qualitarian foods:
1) Celebrate the 14th with Rudi’s Organic Bakery 14 Grain Bread. Spread one slice with almond butter and sliced strawberries for a delicious breakfast. Want a nutrition bonus? Top your creation off with a sprinkle of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts for an excellent source of omegas, minerals and protein—and a happy heart, too.
2) Love is in the air when you eat Nature’s Path Love Crunch. In fact, the chefs who developed this granola first gave it away as a party favor at their wedding! In flavors like Carrot Cake and Dark Chocolate & Berries, this granola excites every taste bud. What makes this granola even more lovable? For every bag you buy, Nature’s Path is donating the same amount in food or cash to food banks across America, up to $1 million. Now that’s love.
3) Sure we love getting tulips, lilies, and roses…but this Valentine’s Day expand your palate to include “flowers” in the foods you eat. Check out SunRich Naturals Sol Unsweetened Sunflower Beverage for an alternative “milk” option, The Republic of Tea Hibiscus Superflower Teas for an early morning Zen moment, and Peas of Mind Baked Cauliflower Fries for the toddler-sized valentines in your life.
4) What’s Valentine’s Day without passion? Revel in the sweet fact that Honest Tea Zero Calorie Passion Fruit Green Tea is a delicious way to up your intake of heart-healthy antioxidants with every sip.
5) Synonymous with Valentine’s Day and certainly not to be forgotten…chocolate. Lucky you: Qualitarian chocolate options are right at your fingertips with the Ashley Koff Approved List! Some favorites include: Barnana Chewy Chocolate Banana Bites, Pure Bar Chocolate Brownie Bar, Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Almonds, and sweetriot 65% Dark Chocolate Cacao Nibs.
For more information about Qualitarian foods you should be choosing, check out the Ashley Koff Approved List: http://www.ashleykoffapproved.com/ak-list!
Special thanks to my fabulous intern, Victoria Holthaus for creating this blog post for AKA